History of St. Michael's
St. Michael’s began as the dream of several Lutherans who wanted a congregation in the growing suburban neighborhoods of Falcon Heights and Roseville. They gathered early in 1953 in the home of Howard and Miriam Johnson. With the help of a seminary intern and the Board of American Missions for the Augustana Lutheran Church, the dream of St. Michael’s was set into motion.
The first worship service was held at the Falcon Heights Elementary School auditorium on September 6th, 1953 with 72 persons in worship. The church was officially organized on December 6th when 39 adults and 24 children became the charter members.
In 1954, services moved to Brimhall School in Roseville with the hopes of one day having our own building to call home.
In 1955, area Lutheran churches provided a loan to St. Michael’s to break ground on our current lot on County Road B in 1955.
We continue to give thanks to the Lutheran Churches who provided this loan for us, creating a strong foundation of community support to build upon! St. Michael’s gives thanks to Vasa Lutheran Church of Vasa, MN, Elim Lutheran Church of Scandia, MN, and Gloria Dei Lutheran Church of St. Paul whose gift to us in 1955 sparked a legacy of faith and generosity.
St. Michael's ELCA is a Reconciling in Christ Congregation.